Does your home need repairs or other improvements?
The City of Watsonville’s Redevelopment and Housing Department has low interest loans available for low-income homeowners who need help in repairing and/or renovating their homes.
Eligible improvements include but may not be limited to:
- Renovation/repairs to correct code violations
- Upgrades to correct structural deficiencies
- Replacement of failing building components
- Improvements to address disabled access needs
- Additional work such as painting and landscaping
- Other costs such as permit fees and architectural/engineering fees
All work and costs are evaluated on a case by case basis. Loan funds may only be used for work that has been approved by the Redevelopment and Housing Department and has not been completed prior to applying for assistance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance:
- Own and occupy the home to be assisted
- Meet the gross annual income limits based on household size
Loans are secured by recording a Deed of Trust against the property, but may be deferred for 30 years at 3% simple interest, so there would be no monthly payments to make.
For more information, please call: 768-3099 for English and 768-3098 for Spanish